Friday, January 1, 2010

firecrackers leave their mark

This room is dark and unkempt. I am alone with several blankets, beer and popcorn thinking about the last year and I suppose all years that have acumulated. I found a Towns VanZandt cover by Gillian Welch and the White Freightliner Blues are carrying me form 2009 to 2010 with a sad genuine smile.

I also found a song called "Marie" written by Irving Berlin - covered by several. This particular version happens to be preformed by Leon Redbone. And aside from being a ballad titled with the same name I have, it also makes me feel incredibly close to my origin.

I also had Jack download ET for me. 2010 seems to be off on the right foot. Half Nostalgia, Hope for the future. Hopefully I'll need not go too far to be satisfied.

######
Every year, no matter where you are, the clock chimes 12 and firecrakers explode across the city. It is not a lonley feeling to hear those friecrackers pop against an empty night. Pop against a black backdrop of endings and begginings.
#####



'Marie' By Irving Berlin

Marie the dawn is breaking
We'll soon be waking to find
Your heart is breaking
And tears will fall as you recall
the moon in all its splendor
A kiss so very tender
the world, will you surrender to me