Tuesday, November 25, 2008

DEEP RUT

What is this hole Ive dug - this rut I've found my groove in?
What is this dark swampy day I find myself repeating - and in repeating, hating?
When did love become a mere memory over an existence
like a familiar face on a missing person's poster?
When did I stop writing love letters to my distant future?

Your cheek was once against my palm. I think my mind lives there.
Where moments past are moments that I long to find a bridge for.
Where once upon a time - was real - once upon my life
I lived to feel your face near mine - I lived there
I woke up just to dream - eyes a drift across the window pane and out along the silhouettes and
Nothing made me want to close my eyes and wish for things to change until I found my lost and lonely soul waiting for the same old things.
Reaching back in time to a feeling that
Everything was alright
Where romance won all fights against a common stagnant life.

4 comments:

Melly said...

this is so beautiful.
I'm getting all teary eyed

You have a gift, Marie.

"Reaching back in time to a feeling that
Everything was alright
Where romance won all fights against a common stagnant life."

This part kills me.
It's wonderfully bittersweet.

nick said...

You need to get railroaded by a shining knight - Have your longing for the past clouded by a fondness for the future.
Keep your head down & your guard low - Stumble into the dark & dangerous unknown.

Maybe you'll run into something big.....

yourmyecstacy said...

I really like your blog. You seem like a very creative person. I hope you don't mind me subscribing to you :]

My name is Marie Witt said...

Not at all.
thanks!