Saturday, April 4, 2009

my 100th glass of sangria

This is the 100th post on my blog.
Currently, there is a very very strange large circle around the moon. I have to admit, I had a brief rush of adrenalin and thought the world might be ending. Nevertheless, we're all still alive for now.

Today I sat around feeling sick to my stomach. I'm a wimp. I refuse to move when I feel the slightest discomfort. Anyway, I couldn't pick an outfit so I lay down on the floor in my towel and stared up at the ceiling for a while.
I couldn't help but wonder if leaving Vancouver and all of this recent self-reflection is capable of changing me. I wonder if I'll always be the same - having the same issues - working on the same insecurities - willing things to be different.
What makes us change? I mean really, maybe we're already all we are ever going to be.
What if change is simply something that happens around us and with us - not within us.

Needless to say, I got dressed.

A kid on my crew told me about this 104 year old building in Ladysmith. Apparently, they took out a section of the wall the other day and found an absolute infestation of ladybugs behind the drywall. All you could see were ladybugs by the hundreds.
He told me that he believes the ladybugs are the reason why the building has remained standing all of these years.

The ladybugs may have given the walls integrity.

cheers
here's to ladybugs.
and change. or an unavoidable lack there of.

No comments: