Thursday, April 2, 2009

where to begin?

This daily question - where to begin.
The reason why I take long showers in the morning.
Where to begin...

The theater floor creaks under my feet. I time my steps with the jokes. Sometimes they laugh, sometimes they don't - but I take my steps assuming for the best. The stage lights spill onto my face as I wait in the wing. My job on standby, I am at a mental peak of creativity. Honestly, you should see me sitting there - lost in my own head.

There is no question of where to begin to hold me back. The question is what comes next and I already know the answer so I'm free to sit and imagine - until I need to move.

Pardon me for looking at everything as a metaphor. I can't help it.


HELP WANTED
We are looking for a dedicated metaphor seeker to work in a busy fast-paced sunny outdoor office - beachside. Multi-taskers need not apply. Scatterbrains only. Ideal candidate would be a single independent self-starter who has trouble getting started and spends hours thinking about the best approach (metaphorically, of course). Should be personable and yet a completely self-inflicted loner with a penchant for Film and TV, writing, theater, music and basically any other art form known to man. Perfect job for commitment phobics as you pick your own hours and act as your own boss.
Apply in person or by email depending on your mood. $65,000/ year to start with paid vacations and annual bonuses at Christmas, Halloween and every second long weekend.
MUST BE EXTREMELY CREATIVE AND THEREFORE CONSTANTLY ASKING THEMSELVES - WHERE DO I FIT IN?

No comments: